Saturday, July 24 at 5:00 pm
Sunday, July 25 at 12:00 pm
Haitian Arts and Culture Festival 2010
Presented by Portsha Jefferson
and Rara Tou Limen
The word Rasanble, in Haitian Kreyol, means “to gather” or “to assemble.” Join Rara Tou Limen and Portsha Jefferson in honoring Haitian culture with celebrated artists! Their goal is to gather dancers, musicians, community leaders, scholars, activists, dance and music educators, linguists, cultural and food enthusiasts, and supporters of Haiti to celebrate, make visible, and inform participants of the rich cultural traditions that are the foundation of Haitian culture.
Please join in on this weekend’s extravaganza and celebration of Haitian culture!
The Festival will include:
* Kreyol language course
* Haitian cuisine
* Lectures and presentations
* Master folkloric dance workshops
* Drum circle
* Vodou song class
* Rara at the Lake!
Featured artists will be:
* Rara Tou Limen — Musical Director
* Daniel Brevil — Master Drummer
* Dr. Nadege T. Clitandre — Haiti Soleil, Inc.
* The Desarmes Family — Haitian Cuisine
* Nadia Dieudonne — Feet of Rhythm, Artistic Director
* Mona Estime-Amira — Celebrated Folkloric Artist
* Portsha Jefferson — Rara Tou Limen, Artistic Director
* Emmanuel Louis — ADA and Ayiti Danse Ansanm, Artistic Director
* Dr. Claudine Michel — University of California, Santa Barbara
* Nina Schnall — Kreyol Language Course
* Lionnel St. Surin — Neg Bhathalah Dance Ensemble, Artistic Director
* Zanmi Lakay and Ti Mache — Haitian Crafts
* Mache Limen — Haitian Crafts
* Rara Tou Limen will present a special Bay Area premiere: Artist Meet and Greet.
$10 Donations Accepted
To learn more about Activist Events held
at Humanist Hall